We have new procedures to ensure all who visit and work at the Outback stay well. When you come in for an appointment, we ask that you arrive in time for your appointment and remain in you car until we come to get you.
Please read the following outline to familiarize yourself with our new treatment procedures:
The day of your appointment please complete this self-assessment tool https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
The Ministry of Health guidelines state that this must be completed before you arrive for every appointment until the health guidelines change.
If you are unable to complete the self-assessment tool, please answer these question
- Are you are experiencing fever, cough or difficulty breathing or have been in contact with an infected individual or someone who is experiencing a fever, cough or difficulty breathing?
- Have you or someone living in the same household as you, travelled outside of the province within the last 14 days?
If you answer yes to either question, or a family member is feeling unwell, we ask that you stay home. We will rebook your appointment in 2 weeks time.
What to bring:
- Please bring a clean cloth or surgical mask with you. If you do not have one, we can provide you with one.
- Bring your own water bottle, already filled.
Remain in the car until we come and get you.
When you enter the clinic:
- Screening questions will be asked by your practitioner.
- Do temperature check. A fever is considered 100.4F/38C or higher.
- Please note, if you answer yes to the questions or if you have a fever we will be unable to treat you. We ask that you return home to self-isolate and contact the Brant county Health unit to arrange a COVID19 test.
- Remove and place shoes in allocated area.
Proceed to the washroom:
- Use Hand sanitizer or wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- Put on the mask. (unless you came in with one on).
- Ensure your mask is secured.
- Proceed to treatment room for your long-awaited treatment.
In the treatment room: your practitioner will direct you as to the correct protocol:
- Place clothes on hanger or in bin provided
- Position yourself under the sheets on the table or as directed by your practitioner. A mask will be worn during the treatment.
- At the end of the treatment:
- Once you are dressed, please grab a tissue to open the door with.
- We would prefer that you e-transfer payment prior to your treatment. Below are the email addresses of our practitioners. If this is not possible we will accept cash, check or debit/credit card payment depending on the individual practitioner.
- Receipts will be given to you at time of treatment.
We wish to ensure you feel safe and relaxed during your visit. We have created these procedures and screening practices to ensure everyone stays healthy. Our practitioners have complied with their governing bodies additional training courses and clinic policies and procedures. We will continue to comply with these and The Ministry of Health guidelines.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND ASSISTANCE in FOLLOWING OUR NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.